View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 10:36 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
You know....sometimes in the past things went terribly wrong with me; with certain things I tried. And at one time it was like a deluge of things "going wrong", from the stupidest thing like the car not starting, to the more important things like possibly losing my home. As fast as one thing was solved, something else arrived....a serious water leak coming through the ceiling....a health scare....a financial difficulty...one thing after another. It seemed like it would never end.
In my case I knew it wasn't any kind of "curse" put upon me by anyone. It was just a tough time. Rough waters for a while.

I think when we get "down" because a few hard things have happened, we get weary. When we get weary and tense, we make mistakes. For instance....what created that water leak which came through my ceiling? I did, because I didn't turn the bath tap off well enough. What caused my car not to start? I did, because I left it sitting for too many days with an old battery in it. Why didn't I buy a new battery? Because I was scared of spending money and put my head in the sand about it. Yet I must have spent equal that amount on other things over those weeks, which were probably not essential for survival.

So what I mean is, we can enter a downward spiral effect when we get weary -and it all started with just a couple of things going wrong. Of course things go wrong sometimes. But when we get weary we make mistakes of judgement or put maintenance jobs off, so suddenly 10 things go wrong....

Thank you so much for saying this. I'm literally in a super similar situation, especially with the financial issues and the spending money on things that I shouldn't have!

This was super helpful, thank you :)