View Single Post
Old 18-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
Gem,

Do you agree that, although living life in a Buddhist way, or also in the way Krishnamurti taught, is simple and doesn't require a complicated or intricate perspective, it can be very difficult to get to the point where one would choose to do that?

Suppose I said, 'Just be aware of what's going on in each moment, accept yourself as you are, and don't analyze things or try to figure them out. Just let everything be what it is, without reacting mentally.'

Now, whether or not that's a good example of Buddhist teachings, it seems rather simple to do, BUT, I've found it difficult to acquire the impetus to do so. I'm not quite sure that I AGREE with that teaching.

In other words, getting to the point where you're ready and willing to apply the teaching can be a large part of the battle/journey.

Or is FEAR what holds us back? Is the threat of loss of self/ego what makes us unwilling to practice the teaching?

' Is the threat of loss of self/ego what makes us unwilling to practice the teaching?'

Through practising Buddha's/Buddhist Teachings you realize there is no threat to loosing a self because by looking deeper you realize you can't lose what you didn't have anyway...