View Single Post
Old 22-06-2018, 06:53 AM
Lorelyen

The only tip I can give is to avoid expectation bias. You'll find plenty of it here. People are suddenly struck by an idea (here, it's often a desire to meet a new person or finding themselves intensely attracted to someone they've seen. They get a feeling it's going to happen and so "look out for signs"). So they see signs they'd never have noticed otherwise and interpret them to align with their expectations / hopes rather than consider them neutrally.

I'd suggest not to rely too much on signs in abstract matters. They're just symbols for ideas and while that's fine for concrete things like objects or observable phenomena their meaning can be a bit elusive, nebulous when they concern things like emotion or need. It's too easy to mislead oneself.

So it may be better just to hold fire for the time being. Let things unfold a bit more. You have a bf whom you've come to know. Ponder on what you bring to each other's lives; look for details like how well you support each other in times of trouble; are your differences (that result in sharp words) easily resolved or not? so you can gauge better what you'd be giving up for an unknown. You may decide that your current relationship has reached its sell-by date and if you're unafraid of dealing with new things if they go wrong, make yourself available to the new guy. Then again, there will always be compromises in relationships. None are perfect and will always need concessions on both sides if they're to work. You keep a journal? Writing so helps to clarify. Same with signs - journal them, if they conflict pit them against each other and ponder if they are even relevant.

So, in my reckoning probably best to let them pass. You could be better off relying on intuition.

Just my views.