View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
I could not get this theosophy.
My be we want something but not to be like that.

The theosophy represents the excruciating agony the Bhakta faces; to lose the whole association with the object of loving worship to be able to merge into Brahman.

It's the last and greatest obstacle on the path of Bhakti, to drop the whole Bhakti itself, when death would be more preferable.

So, the exclamation is made: "I want to LOVE God and not BE God" because as soon as one realises they ARE God, they understand they've only been loving and worshiping themselves all along.

It represents the breaking of the Rudra Granthi knot, and the transition from Savikalpa Samadhi to Nirvikalpa Samadhi.

However, when all is said and done, it's only a mental paradox without any basis in actuality, because the total omnipotence and omnipresence of the Divine means that the Soul (Atman) can also multitask and omnitask.

It therefore becomes possible to taste the sugar, be the sugar, bake cakes with the sugar, use it as a body scrub ingredient, share the sugar around...you get it.

For a long time this was also my personal stumbling block, until I realised that sugar still remained as sugar, no matter whether I was tasting it or being it.

Sugar of course, being the metaphor for Shiva or in Paramahamsa Ramakrishna's case, Mother Kali.

I also now agree with Vinayaka..."If I taste enough sugar, I will become the sugar"...I really like that one.

Om Namah Shivaya