View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 05:24 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Sorry for my late reply here, I've been too busy with life. But I want to thank everyone genuinely for sharing your views, although I'm still fearful of it in the back of my mind.

That's pretty interesting... You made some fair points for me to take into consideration, especially if you were a former Christian. But the question also goes if there is no hell, then what exactly are demons and where do they come from? Since they obviously don't reside in heaven, doesn't that mean there also has to be some sort of hell in the afterlife?

It makes sense to me that 'demons' are a product of the ego. The ego is very selfish because it's time is limited and it knows this and therefore will try anything to feed itself while in existence. The more it's fed, the more it demands. Demons can only exist when consciousness has allowed itself to be duped by the ego. Soon as consciousness realizes this the 'demons' vanish. I've read a couple NDEs where people have committed suicide and upon experiencing a hellish place, after expressing concern and passion at other sufferers/demons they saw were instantly drawn up out of that hell. It makes sense to me that those "others" weren't other suffers/demons at all, but mirror reflections of the experiencer's own self/ego. Had they not come to have come to have compassion, they would have remained in that "hell" state, so demons/hell are only a manifestation of the state of consciousness and not an actual place.
Those are my thoughts, anyway. I wonder how many other NDErs or OBErs have contemplated this...?