View Single Post
Old 14-01-2019, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Slowly but surely I am turning to or into I AM. In many ways it is against my wishes. I prefer "we are" or "God is".....but the inexorable I AM is taking its hold.

My underlying belief is that ever since some humans discovered I AM and started practicing I AM it has slowly spread its influence and established its spiritual grip on the human psyche.

My understanding is that at the dawn of the human race I AM was unknown. The primitive people were "we are" or "God is" or something vague and unidentifiable.

I AM has tremendous power and influence and I believe that it slowly conquered the free spirit of the human race. Until today when everything is all about the self, me, I, etc.

So my question is: is I AM defeatable? How can the human race break free from the power of I AM (should it wish to)?
There is a way...You may not like it or like to hear it, but there is a way.

Like you, I have had that experience deep in my heart where "God IS" or that "God is everything, everywhere at every time" and this also INCLUDES, but it is NOT solely limited to anything I AM whatsoever.

When my individual Consciousness becomes fully merged in or associated with that, there is really no "I" left to be/do anything! and to say "I AM it" seems so arrogant, so prideful and self-focused when one could also rightfully say that everything IS that.

I was listening to Alan Watts last night and apparently there are people who can not only see that God IS everything, but are also able to do that backwards and say that THEY are also everything.

The universe does not exist independent from themselves, just like flowers can't exist without insects and vice versa...So they MUST contain the whole universe within, so that is where they get the whole "I AM" thing from. For MOST people, it is like this...but for a select few of us, like yourself and myself, we have a learning disability when it comes to trying to understand and see that...our perception allows us to see it and to fully integrate it only ONE way, but NOT in reverse...we just can't do it...and no amount of others telling us that is so, will make any difference because our minds and brains just do not WORK THAT WAY!

So the only thing we can do, is to love and trust God with ALL our heart and forget about the whole "I AM" thing...FORGET it! and if others want to make it an issue with you, tell them that you have your own beliefs and would prefer it if they would go away and leave you TO them...and if they persist, you can take solace from the story of Noah....Next time the world gets destroyed, those who believe in the "I AM" will be the very FIRST to die!