Thread: What is God?
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2018, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
Why the demand for total faith though?
What purpose is there in that?
Glad you brought that up. Ha, when I read that
"Demand"..."total" faith...thus, "blind" faith !!
My head tilted like my German Sheperd's when it hears something weird..'huh'?
Then, I remembered, OH Right! the Judeo-Christian God! That idea of wrath, jealousy and
faith!
That 'believe or else' Christian stuff!!!
Hard to get those concepts out of our minds! And yet to find truth for yourself, as you
say, I think you must. We all do!

That's why I always say experience this 'God' directly, for yourself...
even tho that focus is not for the faint of heart!
It is effort.

I also believed finding someone you really trust...could be a 12th c mystic, a 20th c yogi...
But, someone ( probably their writings) that you trust, otherwise at every turn you may doubt and question.
So it's not exactly 'blind faith'...but, a respect and trust in what they say and experience,
and hopefully their instructions.

There are a couple that basically say go within yourself and question 'who you are'...it is big discipline and work for that
Mind-Ego of Man to do this...Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta.

There is no 'God' demanding faith..just saying.
But, I'm not going to say there is not that aspect...like in any parent that doesn't love their child to run and leap up
into their arms...having that faith they will be caught.

Oh, and nothing wrong with Wicca...it will take you away from the deep rooted concepts of the Bible and religious teachings...
Where this demand for faith we can be surrounded with comes from.
Could be just the thing for you.

Btw, some great posts here from smart people !!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru