View Single Post
Old 11-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank you...I should write a sitcom because this hilarious stuff never ends...

Noon today...

Mum: "Can you please dye my hair today? and then take me into town (in a wheelchair) to buy a birthday present for your sister-in-law (50kms away) and don't forget you are cooking dinner tonight and taking your niece to softball practice...and I need my bed clothes washed and my bed made...and did you make that appointment for me to go to the doctor next week...?"

Me: "Yes mum"

So, I dye her hair, phone the doctor, wash her sheets and make the bed, wash my car, get out the lasagne to thaw, take her to buy the present and she wants to spend an extra hour looking around in the department store, much to my lamentations of "c'mon mum, we gotta go"...but will she listen? nope.

We arrive home late and I am totally shattered...all I want to do is crash on the lounge for 30 minutes for a 'microsleep'.

No sooner as I had rested on the lounge...

Mum: "It is 5:30 now...shouldn't you be thinking about getting dinner on? and your niece will be home in half an hour, don't forget to take her...and what the heck are you doing sitting on your tail? C'mon, there's work to do..."

I said "can't I just have a free half hour to myself? can't we have dinner at 7 o clock instead of 6 o clock? just this ONCE?"

Mum: "but I always have dinner at 6 o clock...7 o clock is too late..."

Me: "Look, I am screwed, so if you want to blame anything but you hanging around in the mall when I had "work to do", blame Daylight Savings...but for the next 30 minutes, just leave me the hell alone".

Here's that poem I talked about in my last message in this thread :
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=125608

You have faced a lot of problems and suffering in life,my friend.I hope someday you get to realize your ideals and you be relived of your sufferings.
This poem is for you

You will be what you will to be;
Let failure find its false contentment
In that poor word, “environment,”
But spirit scorns it, and is free.
It masters time, it conquers space;
It cows that boastful trickster, Chance,
And bids the tyrant Circumstance
Uncrown, and fill a servant's place.
The human Will, that force unseen,
The offspring of deathless Soul,
Can hew a way to any goal,