View Single Post
Old 16-10-2013, 09:45 PM
MGazonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkle
To clarify the issue with empathy, he would rather not feel. He gets frustrated when he has to feel. He does what he can to avoid feeling. It is as cold as him not seeming to care about his mother since he is waiting for her die so he can inherit her money. Although he says he loves her and does things to show care for her, I do not think this could be real love...hoping his mother dies soon so he can inherit her money to do what he wants in life. This is what made me realize if he is unable to truly love his mother, then how could he possibly care about me or anyone. This is just my experience with a possible Aspie. He might just have more severe case.

Yes, this makes sense from my understanding. If he's feeling more than most people, it would be a common reaction to want to feel less. Especially if those feelings are unwelcomed "negative" emotions like anger.

Emotions are a very tricky thing, and can be very confusing when there are both positive and negative emotions at the same time.

Men in general as also expected to not have emotions, let alone negative ones... so it can be very difficult for a guy to be over sensitive in this area.

Empathy is about feeling what someone else feels. If you are angry, an empathic person feels that anger themself. They may not be able to distunguish this emotion as originating from someone else, which is difficult. I went through this myself for quite a long time, and still do to some extent.