View Single Post
Old 24-05-2019, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
???

I had not known about Mooji - only discovering a few of his videos now.

Because one cannot feel his ‘energy field’ or presence from the videos, I wondered what it was that made some people laugh so hard (?)

But it must be the nondual awareness that suddenly dawned on them.
It would make prostrating in front of the Guru (Mooji) the F-U-N-N-I-E-S-T JOKE as well, absolutely hilarious.

With nondual awareness – you both become totally transparent to each other, knowing each other more intimately than being intimate.
There is no colour or culture difference there, no East or West nor indigenous vs white separation in that.
(though at the same time it is interesting to me that Mooji goes to Spain a lot)

If that is what is happening – non-dually seeing each other through and through - how could one not trust that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm2iK60qEm0

I think Mooji's ashram is in Portugal so Spain is on his door step, but there have been reports about misconduct on his part, philandering with the students, financial impropriety, interfering in human relationships, and the standard cult-like 'praise Mooji' all God like, and that sort of thing. This turns my guts, so I keep clear, because when filling a role as a spiritual teacher, one's sila has to be beyond reproach or we create an unreasonably high potential for harm. I cant possibly advocate Mooji or his school because I don't think the safety is adequate. In Buddhism we have, or at least we should have, a foundation of Sila because having high integrity creates a safe refuge. That's why we couldn't have a teacher philandering with students, profiting from our school, or 'getting' anything, when the order of spiritual teaching is to give while expecting nothing in return. A fellow such as Mooji can speak of enlightenment all his life long, and I can speak of simpler things such as truthfulness, right conduct and appropriate boundaries, but I know how to create safe places which are worthy of refuge where people can be vulnerable in safety, which it seems some 'masters' do not.

Non dual awareness doesn't make a person a decent bloke, and it doesn't give a person higher order skill sets which the position of 'teacher' requires, and it doesn't equip them to organise an ashram which is a haven worthy of refuge.

It would be best for people to keep clear of spiritual schools. Some say find a good teacher and so on, but not me. I say grow up, be an adult and stand alone. Be truthful, walk in the truth no matter what happens. If there is a place which provides the facilities which are conducive to serious meditation practice, by all means take advantage of that, but don't become besotted with 'guru' followings, don't take anything as 'answers', and keep that truth of oneself strong.