View Single Post
Old 25-04-2019, 12:51 PM
Knower

Wow, what you are going through is somewhat similar in my own journey whereas 'Unrequited love' is the issue.

You put forward some very valid points about how difficult it may seem (in the long run) being on your own. Personally, I can agree with everything
you stated in your post as it reflects in comparison to a situation I had done to a potential spouse +five years ago which caused her a ton of
suffering. Having now lived with this regret for what could have been, I've now reached out to her as we've had a spiritual connection for the
previous nine months.

The majority of single people feel that being attached is an insecure investment having been through an extensive tug-of-war of failed
relationship experiences and therefore they later find they are much more easily able to adapt in everyday life throughout society being surely secure of their singleness.

Looking for love shouldn't be as complicated as it has become in today's world as it's always been understood as a free gift of God. However, I
assume the advancements of technology and virtual internet dating has destroyed that notion or made it much worse.

I have no idea if such methods will help in your case or if you have already dealt with such methods. Generally, what works for others may not work
for you as we are all wired diversely.

A. It's important to acknowledge your pain and give yourself permission to cry or be angry about it. Faking positivity for a while is one way to try to
make yourself feel better. But it's totally fine to be sad.

B. Getting back out there is advice you typically hear a lot after a breakup or rejection. Although it's easier said than done, it can be quite an
effective way to finally get over that unrequited love once you're ready. "Taking the time to date and meet new people will give you opportunity to
identify if you truly wanted the person you were crushing on or if it was just the desire to have what you couldn't have."

C. Unrequited love really is the worst. But at the end of the day, you deserve to be with someone who actually loves being with you. "The One" isn't
someone who's just going to pop in and out of your life whenever it's convenient for them. They'll actually work out problems with you, not leave
the minute things get too serious. Beyond that, you won't have to over-analyze every little thing they do in order to figure out whether or not they
like you back because they'll actually make an effort to show you how much they care.

I don't know what else to suggest, but I would also have to agree with the forgiveness solution Andyangel1205 had given.

They say; Love comes when you least expect it, take time out for yourself Kundalinikid and do the things that you enjoy in your own time. May love
have it's way of finding you when the time is right.

Congrats on giving up the abusive substances too btw.

Kind regards,
Kangol