View Single Post
Old 29-07-2017, 01:22 AM
Knower

My great-grandmother lived to be 102, and was pretty sharp almost to the end. But during the last year of her life, she complained that people were coming into her room at night to throw parties, and their talking and laughing woke her up. She'd hit the call button to get nursing staff to come in and make everyone leave, and they (having seen a lot of residents pass), humored her--and it always worked. She was fine during the day, and didn't see anybody; for a long time it was just at night.

About a month before she died, my father told me that the "party people" had stopped coming, and that she now getting regular visits from her dad, who died in the late '40s. He'd come in, and they'd talk, and she was so happy because she'd been closest to him, and had always missed him so much.

I just blurted out, "She's getting ready to join him. It won't be long." I hadn't read any NDE stuff then, or any literature on dying (despite having had an after-death contact experience with a friend years before), but I just knew she was coming to the end of her life, even though physically she still seemed robust for a lady her age. So I made arrangements to make one last visit three weeks later, and when I walked into the room there was something about her eyes that told me I was right, and I knew she'd be gone within a week. Five days later, I got home to a message that she'd laid down to take a nap that afternoon, and didn't wake up.