View Single Post
Old 21-07-2014, 04:01 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_kum
Hello guys,

May be the same question has been raised by people too many times earlier.I really would like to clarify this doubt? Is meditation an Anti-christ? A lot many Christians say that meditation is against christianity, because it deals with past life, but christianity mentions Only one life...Also, meditation is somewhat related to controlling the breathing stuff..that's also people say that it's against christianity..I am a Christian and have been practising meditation since June 2013..Some of my christian friends and my my relatives say Practising meditation is a sort of Anti-christ. Whenever they say like this I feel guilty and encounter a feeling like I am the biggest sinner on earth..:(..I'm looking forward to your prompt reply..Thanks in advance!!

solo_kum,

There is no reason for you to be conflicted over this. You have indicated that you have now practiced meditation for a full year. I assume your experience has been good or you surely would not have continued this practice. Trust your experience. There are several Bible verses concerning this that are relevant to this practice.

Matthew 6:6......"But whenever you pray(meditate), go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you."
If you have disclosed that you meditate it is no longer secret. Follow the instructions of Jesus and change this. By disclosing that you meditate you are seeking approval and this is allowing your ego to dictate to you. The ego always urges you to seek the approval of others. Prayer should be a personal relationship with God.

Matthew 10:37......."Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me."..............Solo you must determine what is your highest priority.

Now for a tricky one: Luke 14:26........"Whoever comes to me and does not hate father and mother...and even life itself....cannot be my disciple."
This is 'tricky' because of the translation used in this verse. There is an Aramaic(the language Jesus used) translation of the Bible that more correctly translates 'hate' as being instead.....'put aside'. Hate, of course, would be contrary to Love which is the primary message of Christ. Once again, this makes clear what one's priorities should be.
I hope this helps.