View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 06:23 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
Bubbles, I agree very much with Marie here, in that there is forgiveness. I feel for your communication with Jesus and God, all you may need to focus on perhaps is simply the act of communicating and see how that goes. And there is nothing wrong I feel with taking it slow either, you may need not pray every night, but perhaps work your way up a little at a time.

Perhaps go easy on yourself a bit as well if you can, I mean with the constant apologizing to Jesus, and God. You only should really need to ask for forgiveness once.

Believe Bubbles, that you are forgiven.

And, concentrate indeed on slowly building that relationship back up if you wish.

There is no rush. Relax, and take it easy.

All my best.

Thank you warmly for helping me restore faith in myself first of all and strengthen me with the possibility that yes I can work to get connected again :) I am following your advice, know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
You can't judge your closeness to God by how you feel. God sometimes allows those close to him to go through difficult times to test and develop their faith. Look at what happened to Job; he served God faithfully yet he lost his health, his wealth, and this children. No doubt he felt the same way you do; he prayed and it seemed as if God was ignoring him. Rather than asking God for things, why don't you try thanking him for the good things you already have.

We speak to God through prayer; he speaks to us through his Word, the Bible. Have you ever tried just reading the Bible and asking him to help you understand it? That might be a good thing to do when you find that you can't pray. Listening to what God says to us is more important than speaking to him.

I will pray that God will help you to understand his word and know what he wants you to do.

Honestly, I kind of forgot about this perspective... Just want to point out a difference n your analogy from what you explained with Steve Jobs and me. You claim as my understanding goes, that Steve Jobs was religious and faithfully and close to God... and look what happened to him, how he died. The differences is that God might have put him though a difficult time despite his faith..... while I simply distanced myself, 'forgetting' to pray because of too tired at night...and connect with God/Jesus... stopping to share my joys and thoughts and problems... with Jesus... yes, all thoughts, good, neutral, bad. In other words, I did it with my own hands. Maybe you are right, there is not difference, maybe this is also a difficult time and test for God/Jesus to see what I am going to do. Although he already knows.. well, where's the fun in that God? :)

Your advice is not a tap on my shoulder but rather a wake up to reality, that indeed I should be more thankful to what I already have, more grateful... last night after reading your message, went later on to pray before bed..and I thought about it.. you are right... things in my life could be so much worse considering what's going on in all this world.. and I should be more grateful for whatever I am already gifted with.... health, family etc

Regarding your last paragraph, it is nice how you covered the 'ask to help for understanding' because the main problem is that if one would read the Bible like any book just passing through, he won't understand the message.. unless being guided, reading explanations... yes maybe asking God to help you understand, but realistically not sure how that will work out.

Might be true that listening to what God says might be more important than speaking to him. That is why I am trying to connect again the way I know. I put more value into communicating Jesus deep down from your heart, being pure and honest and focused/concentrated. I do some prayers, but they are merely for me a formality... So many people saying prayers like poetry with little heart in their meanings..but who am I to judge.. Last but not least, what may work for you might not work for me and vice versa.

Thank you.

PS Steve Jobs didn't lost his wealth, "At the time of his death in 2011, Steve Jobs' net worth was estimated at $10.2 billion."

well.. guess,, he did lost it, since he died. hopefully he was rich in the 'other currency'