View Single Post
Old 25-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windbreeze
For me it's not just carbs and sugar but other food as well like dairy, potato etc. I don't know what has bigger influence but I have noticed that there's a consumption threshold for me. So mentally I function better on empty/almost empty stomach. I try to eat normal sized meals 2 times per day and less than 3/4 each time but it's not easy to stop the enjoyment you only have 2 times per day. You want more and in my case my willpower determines the outcome. I also exercise 3 times per day which helps to suppress appetite as well.

I am trying to figure whether what I feel others feel too or I have some food incompatibility as I feel the way I described i.e. no mental clarity, hard to find proper words to communicate and comprehend feeling like a slowpoke and lethargy if I start sitting. I do exercise 3 times per day 1 1/2 hour total and I feel this helps me recover from above condition.
There seems to be a food revolution going on at the moment that I'm personally trying and helps with those old cravings and satiation. The truth about fat being bad for you is now under scrutiny...as well as grains. It seems we have been duped into believing grains are healthy and fat is bad where its now being scientifically proven that we need fat and lots of it compared to other foods and that grains are actually poisonous to our system.

I began the low carb high fat diet four weeks ago and found that my body feels so much lighter already never mind about using scales. The fat around my stomach is dropping off where with other diets this was the most stubborn area and remained for years.

When I say Grains I mean all of them, rice, oats and wholegrains included. Grains are inflammatory and cause all our major and minor diseases...especially heart disease. However fat is brain food, does not cause high cholestrol and helps us with satiety. There are still some to avoid though and this includes canola and all vegetable oils. Coconut, Olive, Avocado and butter are the big ones to ingest.

The Keto diet is supposed to help with clarity and energy derived from fat both ingested and your own body fat, which means you don't get the crashing in the day and also helps with less food intake. Some even manage to do fasting for a day or two which also increases energy go figure.

Here's a video I found today on the subject of grains and how we've all been duped for so long about fat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ztQ_0e6BrE

Another film that I could suggest would be watching The Magic Pill...a real eye opener