View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 03:35 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by confusionsay
Miigwetch- thank you Brother!.

I appreciate your support because I was thinking I should just delete my thread. since people seem to not like that I openly offer this. maybe they are envious, or jealous. this comes from fear.

I dont seek glory, or fame, or status, or money. I just want to share , I share so i do not feel alone on my path.

I have been lucky to have great teachers. I have never looked for them, they ended up in my life. I honestly did not ask for this knowledge. But, I am honoured that I have been given it.

The ones who keep the knowledge to themselves are not helping keep the culture alive, they are destroying it. Keeping the knowledge is hypocritical. Many elders complain everything is dying out, yet they do not want to share the knowledge. This is fear. and it is ego.

I have been told by at least two very highly regarded elders that "these teachings are for all the two legged".

There is a document on the internet by Lillian Pitiwanikwat. She is gone now, but the reservation she is from is the one I live near. If you google the document, The first thing she says are those words- "these teachings were given to us by the Creator for all the two legged"

She was from Wikwemikong first nation. And was a representative Elder who taught all over North America.

I was also lucky enough to meet William Commanda, Kitigàn-zìbì Anishinàbeg(note the spelling) First Nation, who died in 2011, but carried the 7 prophecies wampum belt.
I had the privilege of meeting him. I knew his family. I know he would want those who have the knowledge to give it freely. I have a story about meeting him. I will share that later.

The bloodlines are no longer pure. So this is where the Rainbow warriors of the 7 fires prophecies of the Anishinaabe people, are coming forward.

I believe I might be one of the first and there will be certainly be others.

Below is a small teaching on respect.

Mino-Bmaadiziwin:

this is one of the first lessons of the 7 Grandfathers- Respect-
"Mnaadendimowin"

I have put this into my own words, as it was written on the day that I understood this lesson...

Respect- (buffalo)Respect is honouring the uniqueness in all people, and things. It is seeing others as Important too. respect means not seeking contention in all affairs, seeking not to create argument, or dogma. It is giving power to the needs of others and myself.

Please continue... *grabs some popcorn*