View Single Post
Old 27-10-2019, 11:31 AM
Lorelyen

It's impossible to respond to the poll. My parents (who were once my foster parents) are both "stay at home" business people and being typical 1960s assumed a certain equality which is better described as parity really. As a teenager I joined in the housework as a matter of gratitude.

They're fairly laissez faire, - and now I look back there were rarely "tellings off". They distinguished between berating because I a nuisance to them (rare) and because I might run into trouble (e.g. with the law). They helped me stand on my own feet although I probably entered their care like that; and have been supportive in my education, my freelancing and travel where (I smile) dad looked on me as a business expense most probably.

I have a great deal to thank them for. Unconditional love. And now as they age, I shall attend to them as need be though I can't think either will actually retire.

I had no intention of bringing children into this world but things are changing and I think they'd like that. I don't have much time if so. I think my man would like that. We have to overcome his parents' vague dislike of mine! Who knows?