Thread: Gnome encounter
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Eryna

Bunny

You can't imagine the relief I just felt as I read your story. I had a similar experience at age 5. I was lying on my parents bed facing the window and staring through the glass was a strange creature that at the time I could only describe as "Yoda's brother," because with Star Wars being the hot it was I immediately thought this creature resembled said Jedi; what I saw was a short figure with pale light green skin, a head shaped in an oval and his ears stuck out like Yoda's. He seemed to be just observing me and I wasn't addis but as I crept forward too inch in closer I fell off the bed and when I looked up at the window, my observer had vanished. I have been laughed at for as long as I remember when telling this story and yet even at that young age I know what I saw. Upon research I came across the 1955 Hopkinsville Kelly goblin case where many of these creatures similar to what I saw terrorized the Sutton family. However unlike this case, I didn't feel threatened. Incidentally there were railroad tracks behind my house (a la the miners and earth elementals known as brownies, hobknockers, etc). Children have long been notes for their ability to see things adults can't- perhaps the innocence and trusting nature of children, before the world jaded and cruel is known makes them see frequencies that eventually go dormant in most adults?! All I know is I remember this experience like it happened an hour ago- this world is far, far more mysterious than we can begin to imagine and that alone is enough to convince me that to take a rationalist viewpoint is to deprive one of the mysterious and would be, to me anyway, akin to not caring if Tinkerbell was saved by the magic of a chorus of clapping or to not help but be enslaved by the majesty of a Yeats poem as he describes The Gentry as they flutter and shimmer like lightening bugs on a Midsummer's Eve in their emerald robes and and lively fairy mounds! Thanks for sharing! :)