View Single Post
Old 04-02-2015, 01:07 AM
PainBearer

I honestly don't see the problem with two people being helped in the same thread if it can be balanced, but I understand what you mean.

Kale, I will try to word it as best and as clear as I can. Do not take offense to this, because there was absolutely NO offense meant. Only pure, caring intent.

A few things you've said have hit me, so I wanted to address them in order.

1. You keep referring to your Power. Instead of telling you from my perspective I thought it would be better to hand you a piece of wisdom from odin himself, a piece of the Hávamál.

Let no man glory in the greatness of his mind,
but rather keep watch o'er his wits.
Cautious and silent let him enter a dwelling;
to the heedful comes seldom harm,
for none can find a more faithful friend
than the wealth of mother wit.

2. from what you've said I feel you have delved too deep into this and need to come up for a breather. When reading this piece keep in mind that The High One does not sugar coat anything, his search for true wisdom meant he could not afford to. When he says "The unwise man" I urge you take it as a blow that will make you stronger and give you the knowledge to become a wiser man.

The unwise man is awake all night,
and ponders everything over;
when morning comes he is weary in mind,
and all is a burden as ever.

3. Almost a continuation of 2, Is ground yourself. Banish the spiritual for a moment and be in the physical. For well being is found in balance. While majority of the world is known to become engulfed in the physical, ignoring the spiritual. We must all remember that the same goes for us.

I hope you don't mind but I have a story I'd like to share to let you know what I mean.

I once cried and cried and cried to the stars, I wondered why I was here on this planet that was so alien.
I felt like there was a home out there somewhere and then amidst the chaos,
sorrow and pain I had a vision of powerful people much bigger than humans,
their "normal" was equal to the power we feel when we think of a powerful person who's achieved hefty feats with great recognition.
So of course I asked what happened.
Then I was inside my body on this planet, everything's shaking and I look down at the cracks forming in the ground just before the ground beneath me completely explodes and I die.
From then I started seeing more and more of the red planet and my life on it.
I saw buildings of stone with symbols carved into the walls, I saw myself with a group in a chamber focusing our mind power on something infront of us,
I felt a warm ocean,
I saw my home and my lover (Who was either ill, dissatisfied with our love because she was always lying in bed, not even moving to look at me when I returned)
Until I was so consumed by the detail I was receiving that I started mourning for my dead planet and hating this one.
This lasted a good few months until it I saw the final vision.
A vision of a meteor hitting the largest piece of the broken planet.
At first it didn't make sense, but when I opened my eyes I made a connection that this could've been what created earth.
Now I don't know if that's remotely accurate or if it was just what I needed to see to snap me out of it.
But my point is when I was in it, I looked around at the humans and thought "Why am I here with these lesser beings, being limited and bogged down by the blanket they cast over the body spirit and mind."
But the moment I was out of it I had regained my power in a sense.
Because now I could look at it and say "Either it happened, and I have the responsibility to look after the children of my race, or I just had a bout of crazy that helped me learn a thing or two and there was no harm done "

Basically; I'm usually a thorough thinking, double checking rationalist.
But anyone and everyone can get their head too lost if they let it.

4. In response to the comments both kale and tavvii have made about evil;
There is no such thing as evil. Evil is a powerful feeling that takes a feeling of powerlessness and flips it over to make you feel powerful.
How do I know?
I've been "Evil". And I am trying to redeem myself by shedding light on the darkness I was once in.
Evil is an illusion that tricks both the inflicter and the inflicted.
Anyone who is neither of these can look hard enough and see the reality behind the facade.
You can only be the victim if you react or let it hurt you, feed off of you.
From being in it I can promise you that if you don't let it get to you (which is hard since they're usually very good at what they do) It will not have a reason to stick around. If you cover your food, clean the house, open a window and persistently lead it to it eventually the fly will leave. Just remember to shut the window behind it

When I was in the darkness and the universe started giving me signs of it's existence through little signs I would lash out at it, scream at it. Wish it hate, pain, death and misery.
But it would usually give me the silent treatment until I was done, then either give me a sign of happiness, like walking through a supermarket filled with hateful thoughts then having the song "Don't worry be happy" coming on.
Or a sign of sympathy, like the time I threw my frustration out at the beach. And when I evetually fell to my knees with my head down in sorrow, a seagull that was flying around landed and cautiously walked right up to me with a look that said "You okay, mate?"

And evil can stay angry or sad in those situations, but it's pretty hard if you've got the combination of throwing punches that hit nothing but air, and then the guy you've been trying to hit says "I see your pain, man. And I'm sorry you feel this way. But I don't want this for myself, so I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

It may not work the first time, or even the first few times depending on how stubborn it is, but at the very least it will eventually decide that it can't feed off of you anymore.

If you're going to plant your feet and say "I refuse to help them" then you need to understand and fully comprehend the decision you are making.
If you choose to offload it with anger, you will not only be damaging and angering the entity itself but making it more potent and more desperate to cling on to the next person it finds.
Most likely a person with even more problems than you because it will want a deeper hold.

If you want you can imagine it like it's a thing stuck to your side like a suction cup.
if you hit it, stab it and pull hard enough eventually it can come off.
But think of the other way as adding some oil while applying pressure, adding slightly more oil as you make more progress.

If you're fair and understanding, but you're firm and deny it stepping over your line repeatedly it will probably try to fight you and make you feel miserable but just remember that you're powerful and the pain will pass if you persevere and it might go off to learn and become a light entity in time.
Then not only have you done yourself a service and become stronger, but you'll have done a good deed for the world at the same time.
Because darkness is energy that is stuck through fear of going forward.
if it is allowed to flow again it will learn to become light once more.

I hope some of this can help aleast, even if you just take a few words from it.