View Single Post
Old 29-05-2019, 08:24 AM
Master

Hi Rob,

I can totally see where you're coming from. I used to be an atheist for a number of years and like you, never saw much appeal in Christianity. Then I got in contact with Sumerian and later Hindu and Buddhist gods and my worldview and spirituality changed accordingly.

One thing you should keep in mind is that the gods of different cultures and time periods are essentially the same, they may change appearances and names somewhat, but appearing in different forms actually delights them, so don't pay too much attention to superficial differences.

Studying the myths connected to the gods that you're drawn to is a great idea, Wikipedia is a great resource to get you started and it will reference the works that you need to read to get more in-depth. It is also a good idea to visit museums and original devotional sites connected to their worship, you will probably feel that you are connecting to them energetically on some level. They might then make an appearance in your dreams or give you other signs, which makes the whole process really exciting.

Good luck on your journey.