View Single Post
Old 23-05-2019, 07:41 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundJohnstone
I agree that memories from past lifetimes are supressed for the individual in order to focus on the current life.

I mean, both individuals being dead, and wanting to meet as spirits prior reincarnating, isn't that possible?

Suppressed? Who is doing the suppressing and how do they do this?
Is it just memories of past lives or also memories from the past of this life that we suppress... or if not suppress, then rewrite?

Science points our that what we call memories are not "records" of past events, but rather present recreations, re-imaginations of what happened. Each time we re-imagine them, the way we create them changes a bit more, becoming less fact and more fiction. Like a picture that has faded with time, we have to improvise and draw in the illegible parts. It is the newly created story that becomes the slowly fading basis for the next time we have to re-imagine those events. Heck, with the right techniques, we can even trick people into adopting entirely made up events into memories of their own past. We may suppress some memories, but we may also spin others out of whole cloth. Is that really my grandma, or did I just convince myself it is, as a have really been wanting to see here again. At first I was not sure, but the more I think about it, the more it seems like grandma.