Thread: Agreement
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Further, on the topic of Tony Parsons, then, some people with experience:

"Neo-Advaita:

The teaching style consists of a meeting where the “teacher” answers any random questions that the crowd comes up with. There is no structure nor any knowledge communicated in a logical manner, only specific slogans and insights given by reacting to the questions of the audience.

The teachers are good stand-up comedians and can entertain a crowd very well. It is really fun to spend time in those meetings. The apparent reality – such as the individual seeker and physical laws – is usually consistently denied and the focus is on the one and only message: “There is only Oneness”.

Here are some example statements from Tony Parsons from the many meetings I have attended:

“This is all there is”
“I do not see any people here. There are no people.”
“There is only Oneness”
“In this meetings there is a certain energy that creates an openness in which the Open Secret message can be heard”
“And do not worry about enlightenment, if you die from old age there will only be oneness”
“If I just repeat: All is oneness, all day long I would run out of a bloody audience, which is why I have to vary it …”

Conclusion

Neo-Advaita is a comfortable, spiritual, stand-up comedy. Seekers get high on positive group energy, have fun and usually enjoy themselves – and this may last up to a couple of days after the meeting. There is nothing to say against that. The chances, however, that this path will help a seeker to understand his true nature with confidence are as high as is finding a needle in a haystack. It is a gamble at the roulette table. There is nothing to say against some fun time in spiritual Las Vegas with Neo-Advaita.

Comparing “Neo-Advaita“ with Vedanta is like comparing a one-page cartoon with an Encyclopedia. The cartoon can be real fun and may help find some answers but it is very limited and has no depth. The Vedanta Encyclopedia has been tested for several thousand years and has set many thousands of people free. The only reason of existence (raison d’ĂȘtre) for the Vedanta teaching is to set people free. It is setting people free as we speak and will continue to do so successfully in the future. My conclusion is that if the student and the teacher are qualified; there is only one way out with Vedanta: Liberation.[/b].

https://www.advaita-vision.org/neo-a...ional-vedanta/