View Single Post
Old 20-03-2012, 07:10 AM
res

Hi 10C,
Was there a creator before religion? Im no religous scholar or anything and am not sure when religion started. My point is that before any human tried to understand why we are here and put label to anything that does not exist as part of the physical world there may have been only light. I do wonder at what point of our evolution did the brain reach a capacity to problem solve matters that are not of this world. I cant be sure but doubt that the early homo sapiens sat there and drew angels and and their supervisor god. If i was around at that time id say the biggest influence on my life would be the sun getting further away at winter and when it returns in spring the snow leaves and the fruits come back in abundance. I would have been thankful for that

Things would have been much simpler then and not complicated. I feel that religion complicates the issue and ties us up in metaphors and texts that can take a lifetime sitting in the mansions of wood and stone to descipher, leaving you no closer to god than the alter you are allowed to pray at. Each to their own ofcourse and no disrespect intended to religious folk but i just wanted to clarify why i believe that before there was religion, angels or a named creator there was only light in a much more pure form.

If you had the choice to bypass all other human interpretations, perceptions and depictions laid down before you and study the pure source for yourself would you choose to?