View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:43 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia
What have you done to truly be down here and make the most of it?

Good way to put the question. A great key is to be fully committed to living the life you want to live, the best life, doing the things your heart wishes you would do, truly to the deepest things inside you rather than to surface things. Then you realize life matters, what you do here matters.

I must admit that my practice itself helps because it is very embodied, kundalini-based stuff. Lots of feelings and bliss that carry through the day. But the day itself is already full of things I feel so strongly about. They don't have to be big things. Learning a better massage technique or growing a better strawberry is a great challenge. I have a vision of the life I want to live, the person I want to be, that is in tune with the heart, and that seems to do the trick.

To me life is also full of magic because of the presence of nature. I do chi kung with a couple of trees in a park near me, they have taught me more than most human beings... I mean how cool is that? Certain things are only present on earth. Earth's beauty, yes, is shot through with all kinds of shadows. But I have a genuine love for it.