View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 10:08 AM
Ascender
In the realistic physicality of the world a faerie can take on the form of winged insect. Or to put it another way, a winged insect exists somewhere in-between our world and the faerieworld.
I say this because of a Ladybird I saw in my flat the other day. It may have flown in through the balcony doors, or, I would like to believe, was the very one I saw last Autumn searching for a quiet dark place in which to hibernate.
I set it on a piece of kitchen paper with slices of cucumber and satsuma, and the next day (maybe the sunniest day this year), the little creature was spread-eagle on an orange segment.

Returning home later in the day, to find the Ladybird gone from the vegetable/fruit feast, I had hoped it had found it's way out through the kitchen window and into it's natural world outside. However, while eating dinner, it suddenly landed on my hand and gave me a detailed display of how it's tiny wings expand and contract from it's scarablike shell.
I placed it on the net curtain and it eventually found a way out.

And the very next day, I was pooped on by a bird. I noticed the splodge of goop on the cuff of my jacket when I got home -
what are the chances of that!
Yes indeed, faeries are undoubtably mischievous.