View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 02:08 PM
Master
Religion and Spirtuality

Hello,

I may be going out on a limb here, but something has been buzzing around in my mind.

I come across some people who find contagion with religion, yet will claim to be spiritual. Also, come across those that follow a religious practice and live life in a spiritual manner.

So, to clarify my thoughts. To me, religion is spiritual teaching of some kind. It has its practices and belief in a higher power. Seems Spirituality does too.

God, source, universe, I Am, mystery, and so on, all seem to point to something or an energy that is creative and eternal.

Higher self, Holy Spirit, soul, and so on seems to point to a connection to the eternal.

Now I understand religion is human made, IMO. Things done in its name, not all has been beneficial. Isn't it still teaching a Spiritual outlook? How much of Spirituality understandings are created by us?

I feel creating this thread is entering a delicate area, for ones faith and beliefs can be a personal thing. So not looking to knock either.

Just that I see more similarities then differences. I do not perticipate in church, temples, or the like. I still find truths in many of teachings out there and do little rituals at times of my own.

So, ask what do you find to be similar and/or different in regards to Religion and Spirituality?

Please be respectful in responding, thank you.