View Single Post
Old 14-11-2017, 08:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hey there Dazzer ...so what do you personally think on those who are, as you say, of the body but choose to disassociate themselves from the reality of their own interbeing? Not momentarily to re-centre but as a long term way of orienting and of choosing to disassociate?

What do you personally think on those who choose to deny the body and the foundational material aspects of their existence, which in fact are simply the denser aspects of what we call spirit and are NOT somehow inherently bad, evil, or "different" than the more ethereal aspects?

IMO...it simply means they are not yet ready for the next step on their own journey, where they are present to their own interbeing in its fullness...with the discipline and fortitude needed for that task. No matter whether they are looked on as gurus by some or not, LOL In time, they too will take that next step on their journey...we all do.

(BTW...I thought you also might appreciate post #58 where I posted some info whilst addressing Greenslade, regarding the concrete connection between our perceptions of spirit, or spiritual truths, and our own interbeing, as reflected in our own physical body, animated by the divine spark and permeated by consciousness. Just another example from the grounded perspective of traditional medicine, of how it certainly does seem difficult, as you say, to deny the body whilst of the body, as some are prone to do.)

Peace & blessings
7L

Well it's an interesting hypothesis to address, in my eyes there is something not quite fitting with those that suggest that the earthly-worldly-body-form experience is not real and yet carry on regardless as if it is .

If you really didn't believe whole heartedly that the mind-body experience is real then one could quite easily live life as if it wasn't . One could perhaps end it in some way or one could no longer play ball .

They don't, they instead live life as if it is holds substance, some saying that one might as well enjoy the bodily pleasures while they are here . Nisargadatta Mahara as well documented was addicted to smoking even though he passed it off as a body thing and that had nothing to do with the real Self .

I understand that suggestion and I agree with that from within a certain context, but the real Self that is not of form has no mind-reference-thought-reflection of what a body is or what smoking is or what addictions are, so from the context of Self manifest of the body one can only integrate or renounce what they are from that point of view / perspective .

Why succumb to the pleasures of the flesh when you know that nothing is real? There has to be an attachment to the bodily pleasures in order to be swayed to partake in them . To renounce the bodily desires on one hand and be influenced by them on the other doesn't make sense to me . It's not living true to one's beliefs .

All view points / perspectives are only entertained through an intellectual process that is reflected upon I AM this / that, not This / That .

They are not an absolute Truths they are just reflections of how they perceive themselves of the mind-body compared to realizing what they are beyond it .

You can either go two ways once one has the comparison, one can integrate everything as I AM or renounce everything in reflection of that .

Why one deviates one way while another goes another way is anyones guess, but it's interesting how after the same realization there can be an opposite understanding of what the realization stands for in relation to one's life experience thereafter .

I AM the tree, I AM the sun, I AM everything, ..... or none of it's real ..

Both impressions / reflections are correct based upon one's current point of perception .

One's immediate knowings, truths, understandings can only be processed at such a point .

x daz x