View Single Post
Old 13-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
If you're a diabetic, you do have to be careful of certain fruits (I learned that years ago when I first was diagnosed as being a diabetic) and once you learn by trial and error which fruits affect you worse for raising blood-sugar readings, you go from there.

Watermelon was killer, same with strawberries. (My own personal study)

Now, what I do is stop at a Mexican fruit vendor and get a mixed bowl with 3 different kinds of melon, a little pineapple, mango and orange with lime juice and a little chili powder. Very satisfying dessert.

I am guessing that is from experimentation of various fruits over the years as a diabetic that you noticed the difference in raising blood-sugar levels? I think it comes down to a certain type of sugar that is more abundant in some fruits. It might be fructose? I've never noticed the difference, but then, I am not diabetic, so I can not say for sure.

I did recently read an article about a study with mice, and how intermittent fasting has been shown to help the pancreas regenerate itself to help with insulin production again.