Thread: Reincarnation.
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
This is exactly what esoteric literature teaches. Also, our ability to function and make choices as beings of free will would be hampered if we were aware of past life baggage.

You'd be surprised. Memories don't tell me what to do, hahaha And for some of us, we do remember some. Whatever rises to the fore is presumed to be the most pertinent, for whatever reason. It's often not pleasant, but like a forgotten childhood memory that rises to the fore, it's to us to do with that as we like.

Like anything else of which we are (usually just) partially aware, we can deal with it wisely and to the best of our ability....or we can shelve it or use it to treat others poorly. And everything in between.

As to whether they are "past" or "alternate" lives, I don't think that really matters. It seems to me more a matter of perspective, or something like it. To the bird's eye view, everything appearing on ground to be occurring in some sort of of "order" can be perceived as "happening" all at once but in different contexts or realities.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke