View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 12:47 AM
Administrator
Hello

Too many times we build over things that are not ready for that change. We do not take the time to prepare the land for the change or even ask permission to build there. I had that with a house I had built for me, by a developer.

There is an original railway station building up the road from where the development was. The railway ran down the road it was on. What we did not know is that the land was the "railway works yard" . The news media did a story on the development and my Son told the reporter about a "Spirit" that was there. He was dismissed, and we thought that was that. The reporter was back a few days later wanting to talk to my Son. Seems he went and did some research and found that there was a man that died there at the works yard after the railway was shut down. The drifter my Son talked about "Railway Joe" we knew him as. He was a drifter and he worked and lived in the yard and when he heard about the closing he died there from heartbreak. He would wonder in and out of homes there, the workers would see him from time to time. There were reports of activity at the station building but no one put it all together.

My Son told the reporter you dismissed me so I do not want to talk to you about it, next time a child tell you something maybe you should listen.

Lynn