View Single Post
Old 25-05-2017, 12:50 AM
Deactivated Account

This is a very prominent/notable quote. I do have to say as a side note however, its not the easiest quote to digest if you have not done the inner work or self development that is needed to achieve this level of awareness. I remember reading this same quote a few years ago pre divorce and during the height of a spiritual awakening, and I couldn't identify with the quote at all because I had a lot of emotional blockages and conditioned patterns I needed to learn to dismantle including co dependency patterns; all not uncommon with couples in long term relationships. The way I see it, I think we are all on different learning curves, and at different levels of awareness,however, I trust if we do the inner work, this idea Osho expressed is very much achievable, this includes allowing ourselves to feel deep emotional wounds, including the not so happy ugly emotions so we can transmute them..

Personally, I like the sassy version by Abraham Hicks ( cant help it she rocks with our woman audiences)

Tell everyone you know: “My happiness depends on me, so you’re off the hook.” And then demonstrate it. Be happy, no matter what they’re doing. Practice feeling good, no matter what. And before you know it, you will not give anyone else responsibility for the way you feel — and then, you’ll love them all.(Abraham/Hicks)

Yes, I know she is no Osho ;D Just adding additional positive content to the thread topic.

Last edited by Clover : 25-05-2017 at 03:19 AM.