View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 05:18 PM
Newbie ;)

I am in an apprenticeship with a shaman trained in the pachakuti mesa tradition out of Peru. We are being lead in this specific tradition but are encouraged to make it our own and find out own path. I take what I learn and modify it to my area and my own ritual and ways of thinking. it has been an eyeopening road of discovery. I found this by attending some local conscious women meetings, making friends, and one of the shamans attending talked to me about an apprenticeship opportunity coming up.

I knew once I said yes to this path that I would have changes in my life, but didn't fully realize at the time that this is not a study, it is a way of life and that the changes would be major internal shifts. It really is amazing, scary at times, and can be difficult to navigate, but having a mentor in this helps keep me grounded and helps open doors for me when I am searching.

Maybe research local shamans in your area and ask about apprenticing or mentoring.

*Also, I am thinking more on the initiation bit. This isn't necessarily a one time thing. Like I go through this very hard thing, then bam, I am on the path and it's done. There are many "deaths" you will go through shedding your old life and ways of thinking as you peel back the layers on your path.