View Single Post
Old 20-05-2014, 02:29 AM
Cianna200

Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
I am sure alot of people feel that way, or as you can see by this thread, alot of people will ask questions and maybe even joke around.

For me it is not a time of conversation. We will be placed on a scale and the good in our lives will be weighed against the bad in our lives. The balancing out of good/bad is not always a negative thing. Many people will see all the good they did in their lives and will be greatly rewarded for it. Just a little bit of good is highly rewarded verses the same amount of bad is only a little bit of punishment. I think people have a very distorted concept of what judgement means. There is no eternal hell, but the truly bad people of this world will receive their due punishment. And anyone that has done a little bit of good will be rewarded.

mj

Jesus stated that he and God do not judge but that there will be a judge. The bible also makes it clear that punishment is based on fear and not love. ''Perfect love casts out fear because fear has to do with punishment.''. I agree that eternal damnation is false and it is a very good fear producer