View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulsInMotion
Paradoxical. Seen as weak, naive, and stupid to others, and simultaneously being potentially just the opposite of these things. Then the paradox of living both an incredible amount of suffering but also appreciation. And in that appreciation knowing that there is suffering in this world more important than one's own.

Quite the brain picker, you are. ;)
That was a great and inwardly honest response SIM! Thank you!

I've been pulling at this taffy of 'how we each tend to create our own versions of living', for as long as I've been aware that we're conscious. I didn't originally like the version I was raised with, so for a time I wanted to be "anyone" other than how I saw myself to be. So I started asking others about "themselves". "What are they doing so I can then do likewise?" It didn't take long before I realize that that was not an option. "No one" knows what's really going on and "everyone" was simply guessing like I was (but perhaps with not as much intensity as drove me :). Wheew, that was a relief! So, "I am the tool that I now have to work with, and within me are the same tools that are available to all".

I'd been getting splashed in the face with all sorts of odd happenings which steadily helped focus my attention. It became apparent that if we can effectively demystify our 'interpretations' of who we are and focus instead on what comes to us freely, then a more solid connection with living will form. A bit spooky though. Our brains can't predict what it doesn't have ready access to, and yet our brains are designed around continually predicting. As we venture steadily into the unknown our brains will cry "danger" or "omg this is intense!" and attempt to return us to familiar assumptions. I was awoken from numerous lucid dreaming episodes early-on, on account of these responses. My brain is still cautious when I find I'm lucid dreaming, but likely, do to repetitiveness, it now seems less concerned. (I had one here recently where I was playing a game of tag-your-it with an F16, and me without a craft, just my body. We were high-flying and quick moving, and I was "awake" for it all. I enjoyed the freedom of such movement without the need for a prop. ) So our brains can adapt to such things when it concludes that such things are now predictably okay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulsInMotion
Paradoxical. Seen as weak, naive, and stupid to others, and simultaneously being potentially just the opposite of these things.
I repeat your quote above because you are so absolutely correct! If the word "sensitive" is used in a way that points to the refining of ones perceptive abilities, then clearly there's nothing that I know-of that's remotely more powerful. If we're interested in something, then we only need to let-go and drop into it. From there what is discovererable is base on our sensitivity to what then comes our way. The more we are open to our tools of perception the deeper we can immerse, and derive value, from such.

Also.. and this part is pretty cool.. you will never find an absolute answer. One layer unfolds into another, and then another, and as discoveries become clear they begin overlapping with other things that we'd been discovering along the way. But there are no answers that will steadily remain stable.

As we realize that this is the case then there's no need to project a make-believe appearance of certainty, so there goes that chest-thumping part for our ego, we are then free to become "humble" as well. :)