View Single Post
Old 21-11-2018, 10:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I think I really could use a living teacher. It's difficult, maybe impossible, to go over certain things over the internet.

The only issue I have is that dedication to these paths is consuming and I'm not sure that I have the time to dedicate myself to these paths and these knowledges alone.

Is there any practices you can recommend for me to do that don't require a living guru/master (as I doubt there is one nearby me)? I'm looking for something I can practice everyday.
If I recall, we spoke previously about the books by Swami Satyananda Saraswati...Sure Ways to Self Realisation....He also wrote a lot about Tantra and Kundalini. This is the background I hail from, but I recall asking Swami Chidananda Saraswati about Kundalini...He didn't want anything to do with what Swami Satyananda was doing. LOL

Even so, there is a huge difference between stuff written by Swami Satyananda and what is generally found online...So, let me see it I can snap myself out of a "hating the Internet" mood..

https://archive.org/details/SwamiSat...Tantra/page/n1

This is the only free version I could find...The reproduction is terrible. All other versions have been removed due to copyright, yet the book has been out of print for 20 years...that sucks...

I guess, like all knowledge, there are various levels of it and some won't be able to find the truth until they are ready to receive it....The way that it SHOULD be.

I guess I have a problem with people accepting inferior knowledge as the whole truth of the matter because they are locked into THAT vibration...when I so badly want to do a Jack Nicholson impersonation...If it weren't for the fact that many people will read a page by someone like Yogi Bhajan or Nirmala Devi and believe they know everything there IS to know about the subject, while I just sit there crawling in my own skin because I had a Tantric master...I will get over this New Age obsession with a pain in the a$$ = Kundalini rising and paying unknown Gurus without any lineage exorbitant amounts of money for "Shaktipat"..

It is all psychosomatic, because if it didn't work, there's no way they can get a refund anyway...I'll get over it...

And for once and all, the chakras are NOT colourful disks spinning within the body and Kundalini isnt a real snake...Yeah, getting over the ignorance of others who honesty believe that it is the same serpent from the Garden of Eden had something to do with it...

I am sure the Book of Genesis wasn't in Swami Svatmarama's mind when he wrote the Hatha Yoga Pradipika....

There will ALWAYS exist a huge discrepancy within me between New Age Hinduism and Traditional Hinduism...and often I just read so much of this NA bunkum about practices predating the whole movement and the pressure cooker starts building up stream inside...and it needs an outlet.

Fortunately for me, David Frawley came to the rescue yet again....and HE is a guy that knows what's what about this...and I was so glad that I was not the only sole/ lone voice preaching in the wilderness and I am in some amazing company.
https://yogainternational.com/articl...ths-old-truths

Aum Namah Shivaya