View Single Post
Old 25-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Master
You know, I have to say that I'm different, and I used to consider myself a freak of sorts... The freak of nature...but I have to say that I am very happy that I am not like everyone else, not that any of us truly are, but I don't share in mob mentality, and I've been told by many that I am different, and they like that... and it felt good the day I realized that I really do like being different.

And forgive me...I've had a rotten couple of days, so this is good for me to say good things aloud, even if it's really in print...I can see it and I am saying it... I got knocked down again yesterday with news that really hurt...and while telling my sister in law of my discouragement and disappointment...she acknowledged her upset over my discouraging news...and said "I've said this before and I'm going to say this again, and not because you are hurting, but you really seem like you have an angel in you, or you are part angel or something...and if anyone would have been an excellent choice, you would have..." anyway, it just blessed me so much and yes, I cried when she told me I was like an angel. I wish I could see it though. :-(

My upset was that I worked so hard to get excellent grades and to get into the nursing program at my college,and I was rejected. It was quite a blow to me. I wanted to be a hospice nurse. I have done all I needed in pre-nursing. They rejected me last year too....I thought it was because I didn't have all the courses in, but now I do...and so what... people with lower gpas that I have got in...but I don't... (I have a 3.8 gpa...after this semester it will be at least a 3.9...the highest you can have is a 4.0) people with 3.0 get in...so why don't I? But I'm not letting that keep me down...and I'm applying at other places now.