Thread: KARMA
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
"relativism" is NOT "I can do as I please, anything goes" philosophy. I think you are trying to make something that is subject, objective and force people to choose your truth instead of their own. There are extremist in all belief systems and there is a difference between belief and philosophy.

Indeed it isn't. 'Healthy' relativism recognizes variety in different human societies. We know that some things are better done in culture x than in culture y. I draw the line at violence, but otherwise you'll have practices that will vary with culture, and that can be fine. I was talking about extreme relativism [the word is in the post you quoted], which does have an anything goes attitude in practice, whether it's about morality or about the nature of reality. I'm puzzled why you have quoted me.. (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7L
Therefore the most meaningful strides or movements toward centre lie in real, manifest, actualized behavior and perspectives centred in authentic love (reflecting Love or One). Authentic love as lovingkindness from equanimity. Karma is relevant in this broad context and can be apprehended and realised and manifested at both individual and collective levels.

7L, do you have an example of this..? How does karma manifest on the collective level?
We know we have impact on our world and society as a collective through our activities, choices, voting etc. But I wonder, do we form 'collectives' and live out karma collectively again in a future life..? Say everyone that died in the Rwanda genocidal war, do they all form a karmic bond together and are as a generation reborn elsewhere? Or does every individual goes his/her own way and deal with that karma separately..?

Any other people's insights on this would be appreciated too.