View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 09:16 AM
Ascender
And I to have been wondering, Necromancer, where you believe these spirits are!

The other week I was talking to a friend about New Year evening. She told me she had gone to bed early, but was woken up around midnight by the noise of the fireworks. I agreed that was the very same for me.
I continued to tell her that the first year living here in my flat, the fireworks on New Years night were beyond description. I live at the top of a high rise, and all across the skyline and in every neighbourhood the night was ablaze with colour and noise. For almost an hour the celebrations continued. But since then I have never seen the likes of again. It's usually a half hour at the most, and a fraction of that first New Years night.
This is most likely a sign of the times, the slow economy that leaves people with less money to spend on fireworks.

Although, this did get me thinking. On the one hand our towns and cities are normal places where relatively normal people live. Every town hall has copious amounts of documents in the public domain to prove this, and any normal person can visit and see these public documents for themselves and know for sure they live in a normal place surrounded by relatively normal people.

On the other hand, the consensus' are totally wrong. There are lots of very un-ordinary people, living in every street of every town and city, everywhere. We talk to them, work with them, play sports with them, but most of the time we don't really see them. Except that is on special occasions ...

Happy New Years