View Single Post
Old 24-11-2019, 10:08 AM
55Degrees

Feedback for tealily

Haha she is very 'hands off' especially in the respect of helping with housework and doesn't engage much (always lost in a book or sleeping).
I think I am a bit panicked having someone sharing the space, as it wasn't planned for.
She's quite happy here, but her partner wants her back with him and is pressuring her, so she's in a difficult position.
She is actually here for her own wellbeing (mental health issues) and came back because her partner couldn't cope with her conditions and my daughter needs time to stabilise and think through some of her choices. She's also helping me out when I struggle with things so it is a win win situation.
We rarely clash and do get along really well, but I know she hasn't told me everything that has been happening or how she's feeling so I can only support her on the things I'm aware of.
Yep. You picked up quite a lot on the situation. Thank you

Next reading for tealily
SHOE ON THE OTHER FOOT

***I*** am planning on moving back home next year, and will be staying with my mother until I get my career/finances re-settled - I will be attempting to transition out of my current industry next year so this makes that jump a little less risky, and hopefully will also let me save some money.
Though there is a lot of love (shown in different ways), we are very different people so historically, there's been a lot of friction. Financially it makes sense, and socially having fur-company (her two dogs) and being in the same city as a lot of my friends and my beloved sibling will mean a lot to me.

Unlike 55Degrees I don't expect a lot of compromising - my mother can be a bit "my way or the highway" (and it is literally her house)!

Q: What do I need to know about the level of friction I'll experience when I move back in with my mother next year?