View Single Post
Old 29-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I think this is how it works; either ALL of us are allowed to remember our past lives, or there simply is no such thing as past lives and reincarnation. They say life is all about karma and learning from multiple Earthly lives. Well, if you keep forgetting everything and having to start all over again everytime you're reborn, you don't really make any progress at all, do you? This is why the whole concept of past lives and reincarnation is just silly.

Excellent question and thoughts, though they don't make reincarnation by itself silly as a belief, but perhaps the common beliefs it is accompanied by .
What it does show though is that (1) progress isn't linear, and (2) progress along incarnations is an assumption one has to take on pure faith.

Perhaps we all do reincarnate but there's actually no 'point' to it, no progress, no plan, no nothing. It just goes on for its own sake. This is quite possible too, but I bet most people never imagined this option! The human mind is so desperate to apply teleology to everything that it ignores that much in reality is randomness. Some nice people get incurable disease at a young age, and awful people can live care-free lives for decades. With ''karma'' you can always say ''because of past life''. It's a bit like saying ''because of magic!''

I also think that the lack of past life memories in the vast majority of people is interesting..