View Single Post
Old 25-01-2019, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I haven't read this entire thread and for that I apologize. But I wanted to comment on the diet part.

Gem, Americans are spoiled and don't want to change their diet. It's as simple as that. With a fast food joint on every corner (2 burgers, an order of fries and a supersized soda for $5! is the latest ad I saw on tv today) they are happy to slowly kill themselves with diseases like Alzheimer's, cancers, fibromyalgia, MS, etc. I'm not saying all cases of disease are a result of poor diet and processed foods, but the statistics are alarming. Believe me, when I try to explain this to people I get the glazed look and no response....from many different people. I've learned for the most part to just shut up.

My issue is with the corn in the American diet. Manufacturers are literally putting it in everything.

Here's a very smart author who penned an excellent article explaining it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2019/01/what-its-like-be-allergic-corn/580594/?utm_source=pocket&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p ockethits

As for the way I live. I don't 'should' on myself anymore. I'm here to learn and I can only do that by making mistakes. Nuff' said there.

Hi linen

I have quite a few American friends. Most eat balanced healthier foods sourced from farmers markets(home grown organic). These issues of corn in everything simply make those who want more and healthier foods seek it out differently. It is a huge issue, taking over the majority of the food industry, but it, opens those aware to support the food growers more directly. Plus it forces people like yourself to stop buying/eating processed foods because you care and are aware.