Thread: No Self
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2017, 10:19 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Exactly. The narrative produces meaning, and conveys it between people (narrators).
No.
Again: The narrative is one condition for meaning to arise in an individual. The other condition is the individual's capacity for individually conditioned processing of the linguistic code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

If had no meaning it might look like this: jerfik morish umb bikkl't jor.
'jerfik morish umb bikkl't jor' is as meaningless inherently as is 'If had no meaning it might look like this'.
Obviously you are fixated on your mind inhereing in meaningless signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

You mean both communicators have to understand the language?
Language cannot be understood. Language can only be applied as a means of expression by one party. And the means of expression can be processed to synthesize meaning by the other party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

People often understands what other's mean by what they say.
People can only understand themselves and impute this understanding on 'what others mean'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

I'm aware so I know exactly what 'awareness' refers to.
Exactly. you know yourself through knowing what 'awareness' refers to. There is no awareness different from yourself that you could know. And what is 'yourself' in this context? It is your conditioning that causes your knowing the object 'awareness'.

Now check this:
Awareness is spontaneously present in the context of me not being aware of anything ... not even of [my]self. If I would be aware I would have missed it.