View Single Post
Old 27-10-2006, 08:39 PM
~Jay~

Getting too emotional?

Whilst doing some psychometry on a photo of my husband's father the other day, who died many years ago when hubby was just a boy, I got really emotional. I could feel it mainly in my heart & solar plexus areas, like a block of strong emotion. I also had a similar feeling with another person I did some psychometry with at my development class. In the end, I had to break off & give her the item back that I was practising with.

The other day I was moaning to my friend who runs my circle about how I've reached a plateau, and don't seem to be improving any more, and wasn't sure which direction to take, blah, blah,blah. Amongst this conversation she said that I needed to stop reacting so strongly to the emotions I was picking up on, and that spirit would stop me progressing any further until I'd sorted this out.

The thing is, as far as I'm concerned, the emotions I picked up on weren't mine - they belonged to spirit, and I was just doing my job as a medium! If I hadn't felt this so strongly, I wouldn't have given such an accurate reading, so I'm not sure if what I've been told is right. It's not like it affected me for a long time afterwards either, because after a couple of minutes I was fine.

Does anyone else feel these emotions strongly, and am I doing anything wrong or not?