View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Of course, when speaking of abstract, artificial, personal belief concepts like "the nature of God", or questions like "Did Jesus exist?"

Different though when speaking about real life, and examining human behaviour. Truth is not about belief, it is about conscious perception. The conscious, self-aware individual is quite capable of determining when someone is being truthful and when are they lying. It is more important than ever to call people out when they are untruthful: elected leaders, and those who have been given responsibility for society's (and the planet's) health and well-being.

You said "Your truth is my fake news." No, it's not that complicated. These things are not equal, and this isn't an either-or proposition. Truth is truth, and it is very easy to spot fake news and lies. Now, it's true that unconscious people cannot tell (or refuse to acknowledge) the difference. If by that statement you're pointing out that a sizable portion of the population are unconscious and asleep in their soul development, and are therefore unable to know (or admit) the difference, then I can agree with that.

Two very different topics here really.

From my experience ... I thought that I know and understand some things, until a trigger made me see that I was wrong. That usually happens when new elements enter your field of awareness.

Following the same idea ... There were things I haven't noticed, or understood, until something triggered my awareness of them.

There are people close to me, loved ones, with whom I have completely opposite points of view of some "truths". I am amazed how they can believe what they do, and they feel the same way about me.

I'd be surprised if you didn't have such experiences. Maybe you're very young.

Basically, each one of us lives in our own reality, created by our beliefs and emotions. So, I believe that nobody can be sure they know the truth, so nobody knows it. Obviously, we both believe that we know the truth about "what is the truth" ...