View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Carpark
Humm, it's not about one person educating another, it's about open discussion of the ever present and/or potential miscommunication between people.
It is when I ask to be educated.

Quote:
Any learning is chosen to be done by the individual, and not by someone else's hand.
Agreed - see the above.

Quote:
Before Silvergirl's "Hon........I think you just topped their explanations"
...in reference to Mr.Interesting's take on love.
All posts before Silvergirl's post, everyone was patting each other on the back for their take's on love.
Granted

Quote:
Then Silvergirl, says, Oh Mr. I, yours is the best so far.
You responded with a shrug and criticized that his wasn't that good.
Everything was all, "I like you interpretation" ,"Oh i like yours too", until then.
You see I don't think I did. I think I simply made my view known. Let's look at that again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
*shrug* Sounded closer to just 'Be-ing' to me. Love is the source of the Be-ing IMO, and the stage upon which it all plays.
Please explain to me how this is different from what we do here every day - how is it so criticizing, so damning?

In hindsight I would reword it, certainly. In hindsight, it does seem to make it appear I am competing with Mr. I's view - adding my view on the tail of what Mr. I said was a BAD idea, in hindsight - but I ask you is that a hanging offense, stating what is MY view, In My Opinion, on this forum? Would not doing so change my view, or his? Nope.

Quote:
Why wasn't Mr. I's treated the same way?
And why was Mr.I's the only one that got a shrug?
Of course it will look like dismissing to some.
I have often lauded Mr. I's posts, as I have everyone here. Apparently though, I am not to be trusted.

Quote:
Why has that one comment of Silvergirl's and my post sparked off a powder keg you ask?

Perhaps all the immature, winking and smiling and innuendos and double speak, the not very subtle verbal insults that has been going on for I don't know how long between, again, I don't know.

Your shrug, I assume , was the last straw for Silvergirl.
First of all, please specify the "immature, winking and smiling and innuendos and double speak, the not very subtle verbal insults that has been going on for I don't know how long". Without something to hang this on, it might as well just be coming out of your rear.

Second, I would very much like to hear from SG on that.

Quote:
However, another most wonderous thing that has occured from the "aftermath" of this experience ... is your willingness to openly discuss it.
As Lester Burnham would say, "spectacular !" Onya mate! ~thumbsup~
I can think of ONE time I was not willing to discuss a topic, the 'THRIVE' thread - because I felt it would be a pointless exchange, and I said so. Can you think of another?