View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrah
I think you and I were maybe thinking of different issues.

Nah it is the same, feel where you are and move from there, right?

It doesn't matter if you are just a bit tight, or if you have some injury; the body will have a feeling to which you can either respond to or not. If we for some reason have trained ourself some habits that pulls us a way from that feeling, then our first response should be practicing to sensitize to that feeling so we can have a better response, and from there responding in a way that feels better... since the more we practice something the more natural it will feel (so we are back at being consistent in our practice ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiding Strala
Move how it feels good to move. Adjust the path you take from one point to another—including direction, angle of approach, speed, acceleration, and deceleration— based on the signals your body sends to you in each moment. Tune every inch of your movement to what’s going on in your body and how every part of you is relating to every other part, in this moment.

In Strala we like to talk about natural movement, and how animals doesn't really focus on bandhas, breath and a whole lot of "yoga" stuff to move. When it moves it simply start to move, and its whole being responds to the nature of the movement, not the other way around. Like a predator is completely caught up in the chase, its focus is on the prey, there is no other room than the purity of its nature, and its body follows to support it. So what if your focus was as simple as feel good, and you could keep your focus on that, would your body not simply respond to follow that?

So what if our yoga practice was not about movement, but about feeling into it, so before we moved at all we trained our focus first? Would we not benefit far greater from that? Probably. It might also be what yoga original was, a means to finding a focus where you were in alignment with you. So maybe yoga becomes painful sometimes because we are doing it all backwards, moving from the outside in, instead of starting from the inside and first move when it feels good to move. Just me thinking out loud