Thread: Death. Yeah?
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 12:25 PM
Experiencer
Lets say I skimmed trough your post. I know I should have read it in full, because the topic is a serious one, but I guess I was just anxious to respond to you.. Well, from what you wrote, I am not sure, why you think that you even have a problem with death? Death is, besides the end of life of a physical body, also a cultural and social construct.

How we perceive death, how we think about it, how we think we should think and act about is all part of our cultural and social upbringing. The fact is that for majority of the world population, death is a tragic occurrence, as most of the cultures treat death as an tragic event. Striking is the fact that even in cultures with strong religious presence and belief in afterlife, people still take death as an all stop, the end, its all over now. Looking at how we were taught to perceive death, it is hard to imagine anything else. All that aside, if you remove all human conditions, there are no right and wrongs about how you should feel when faced with someone passing away. In my personal opinion it is totally acceptable to be happy. To feel gratitude towards person passing away. To be grateful for the years you had spent with that person. There is no rule written anywhere that demands you crying over it. When you attend a funeral, and you are amidst all the heart-stricken people, you do not have to feel bad, if you are not sad, or if you cannot cry. You have your own way of dealing with death, and that is totally ok. You said it yourself that you are totally capable of feeling all emotions and even crying.

To end it, I remember once reading an article about a church priest who said, that funerals are the most beautiful thing he ever experienced! He goes on to describe how every time he attends a funeral he sees angels standing and flying, dancing around, and he hears them sing. The whole ceremony of light beings fills him with joy and harmony, and he is unable to feel any grief or sadness.

If you know that you are balanced, and that you do not have issues with feeling, perceiving and expressing different emotions, I do not think you should worry just because you cannot cry at funerals.