View Single Post
Old 17-12-2018, 07:50 AM
Deactivated Account

Is feeling regret a normal part of the grieving process after breaking up?

We broke up a month ago after almost two years in a relationship. He was afraid of commitment but I keep asking myself if I could've done more. I was the one who cut it off since he wasn't ready to commit but couldn't let go of me either. The love was still there but it was hurting me too much to continue without going anywhere.

I know there are stages to grieving. Seems I got through the shock/denial which lasted quite long. Came to some acceptance but now it feels like a heavy cloud has settled over me. I'm trying really hard not to romanticise things. We broke up for a reason right? If it could've been fixed I'm sure it would've done. I'm afraid if I reach out I will just get my heart broken again.

The logical part of me thinks it's not a good idea. The other part has no clue. So I was just wondering if feeling regret is part of the grieving process? Maybe if I know it is then I can move on easier through this part.

Also complicating things is I'm an empath so I don't really know whose emotions are whose to be honest.

Any advice? Experience? Thanks.