View Single Post
Old 19-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgarthaZen11
"Now beware in yourselves that your hearts do not become heavy with the eating of flesh and with the intoxication of wine and with the anxiety of the world, and that day come upon you suddenly; for as a snare it will come upon all them who sit on the surface of the earth.” (Jesus, Luke 21:34 and 35, the Old Syriac-Aramaic Gospel Manuscript: Evangelion da-Mepharreshe: the Curetonian Manuscript of the Four Gospels, with Readings of the Sinai Palimpsest and the Early Syriac Patristic Evidence)
Mostly everything in the holly books is symbolic, and in some specific context. Unfortunately the original meaning and intention are made more difficult to be inferred because of the multiple copying, translating, paraphrasing, ...

So, this quote is like "fake news" to manipulate the audience ...

A quick google search points to a ton of translations, none of them hinting to what his quote is made to hint to:
https://biblehub.com/luke/21-34.htm
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.