View Single Post
Old 13-12-2019, 12:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
My take:

In another life- that same person could have been a master of knowing his past lives and possibly too caught up in them.
So this life his blueprint was to only focus on the now, right here.
Actors on a stage.

'State of development' is an an unknown item...in my opinion.
That is ...the murderer was meant this life to murder that person.
The blind baby was meant to teach her family selflessness.
The pauper was once a benevolent Prince.

We just don't know very much...and thus can't judge any situation.
Why, Paramahansa Yogananda said, (tho, spending many lives meditating in the Himalayas, sure),
he learned more as a single mother of many children in poverty.

Nothing is what it seems. My rule of thumb.
Sometimes things are what they seem to be, but there is no way to be absolutely sure in such regard about that (distortion due to selfish bias is always a possibility), so I agree with your point, Miss H. From my treatise:
There are many physiosocial-ego associated sets of thoughts and feelings (‘fear of death’ is just one such syndrome) that one must, at some point, or at multiple points as stated above, disentangle one’s self from and transcend if one is to eventually comprehensively actualize the Life that Jesus spoke of. There is a whole range of knowledge-and-wisdom related ‘lessons’ that have to mastered by way of resolving dilemmas, overcoming difficulties and becoming relationally proficient in the course of a soul’s developing to the point where it operationally grooves with the Totality of the Presence and Power of The Flow of Life Itself. To that end, advancing souls often incarnate in problematic bodies and stressful environments because greater challenges provide greater stimulus and (consequently) more fecund opportunities for psychospiritual (awareness) growth and (adeptitude) development. Conversely, though there may of course also be significant benefits in terms of Love and Joy experience and opportunity to augment expression thereof which accrue in the context of ‘easy’ (generally regarded as being more fortunate and serendipitous) incarnational lives, said ‘ease’ may also seduce souls into being ‘contented’ in ways which result in their not rigorously exercising and deploying their Love and Joy capabilities, and their consequently languishing and atrophying (in one way of another) instead of growing and developing as much as they otherwise could and would. All of which explains what Jesus enigmatically alluded to when he said: “There are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.” (Luke 13:30)

The latter statement just hints at the often mind-boggling complexity which, because of the number of possible permutations and consequent range and variety of convolutions that every ‘vector element’ in Life’s fluid Flow is potentially capable of and subject to, typifies any and every soul’s developmental sequence. I once again remind you of Jesus’ (previously quoted herein) statement, “The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit” (John 3:8), in this regard. I know I am repeating myself here, but this point merits hammering home: One should therefore not jump to any conclusions regarding the status or degree of one’s own or any other soul’s development based on apparent physiosocial attributes and circumstances or degree of skill relating to any venue or mode of expression at any given point in any particular lifetime. So, even though reincarnation and post-incarnation related information may be of considerable orientational value (which is the reason why I have collated and presented so much of it here), I reiterate my earlier caution to psychospiritually oriented teachers and students not to get caught up in extensive speculation and talk about such matters. In a great many cases, such activity is little more than pretentious, ‘I am concerned with and involved in exploring matters of great importance’ grandstanding which distracts self‑absorbed folks and gives them cover and excuse for not attentively focusing on, thinking about and creatively discharging their response-abilities in relation to what are consequently (mistakenly!) regarded as being less important personal and interpersonal goings on in the context of their current situational lives.

It is therefore really (always, in my opinion) most important that you maintain awareness of and make decisions on the basis of the fact that your soul is a mind-n-spirit ‘spring’ through which Life Itself continually ‘streams’ and that the potential and venue for you to engage in psychospiritually sustaining and augmenting experiences and expressions of Love and Joy in relation to and with others is ubiquitously present and always available to be tapped into* at any given point, should you wish and choose to do so. This, no matter what your past history and future prospects may be, reincarnationally or otherwise. This is also true in everyone else’s case, of course.

[Footnote*: “If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” (John 7:37-38)]